As you know, accidents can, unfortunately, happen virtually anywhere, and if you were recently injured on someone else’s property, you should strongly consider speaking with an experienced Atlanta slip and fall lawyer who can help you explore your legal options going forward. Contact The Jones & Jones Law Group today so we can get started.
Atlanta Slip and Fall Lawyer | Helping Slip and Fall Accident Victims in Georgia
Here at The Jones & Jones Law Group, we see serious accidents affect the lives of countless individuals every single day, and that serves as our motivation to provide accident victims throughout Atlanta with the quality legal representation they deserve in their time of need. When you speak with an Atlanta injury lawyer with our firm, you will understand that we see you as more than another client, and we will do everything in our power to fight for the compensation you need to move on with your life.
Our Legal Services
The experienced legal team here at The Jones & Jones Law Group handles a wide array of premises liability claims, including the following:
- Stairway Accidents: At times, stairway accidents are simply the result of failing to be alert to one’s surroundings. However, in other cases, these accidents happen when property owners fail to ensure that their stairwells are safe for all who use them. Stairway accidents happen regularly here in Atlanta, and if you’ve been wrongfully hurt in one, you can rely on our firm to fight for your rightful compensation.
- Apartment Accidents: Nobody ever wants to feel unsafe in their own home, however, apartment accidents are not uncommon, and in many cases, they occur as a result of landlords neglecting to provide their tenants with safe living conditions. If you’ve been injured because of a negligent landlord, you should speak with an Atlanta slip and fall lawyer today.
- Restaurant Accidents: Many of us enjoy taking our friends and family out to dinner at one of the many wonderful dining locations Atlanta has to offer. However, these restaurants are not accident-proof, and if you’ve been hurt in one, our firm is ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.
- Sidewalk Accidents: If you recently slipped and fell while walking down the sidewalk, there is a strong chance your accident occurred due to unsafe sidewalk conditions, such as potholes, debris left uncleared, and more. Give us a call so we can help you.
- Parking Lot Accidents: Parking lots are hubs for many people, vehicles, and more, which is why it is no surprise when parking lot accidents occur. Unfortunately, these accidents can also be extremely devastating, and if you were hurt because of unsafe parking lot conditions, you should speak with our firm today.
- Grocery Store Accidents: The last thing anyone would expect when shopping for groceries is to sustain a serious injury. Unfortunately, it happens, and if you’ve been injured in a grocery store, you need an Atlanta slip and fall attorney on your side.
What to do After a Slip and Fall Accident
After sustaining an injury in a slip and fall accident, it is imperative that you do everything in your power to document the facts surrounding the incident. If you can, try to take the following steps:
- Call the police to the scene of the accident. They should also send an ambulance.
- Notify the property owner of the accident. If you were injured in a grocery store or another place of business, the property owner should write up a store incident report.
- Take pictures/videos of the unsafe property conditions that caused you to slip and fall.
- Ask anyone who witnessed your accident for their name, phone number, and email address.
- Ensure that you receive immediate medical treatment and ask your doctor for all medical documentation pertaining to your injury.
- Retain the services of a knowledgeable Atlanta slip and fall lawyer who can fight for the compensation you truly need to heal. We will work to uncover surveillance footage of your accident, as well as any other forms of evidence that may successfully prove your claim.
Recovering Compensation After a Slip and Fall Accident
As long as we can prove that the property owner in question knew or should have known about the dangerous property condition, neglected to fix it timely, and that you were injured and incurred damages as a result, we should win financial compensation to help make up for any economic and non-economic damages you’ve sustained as a result of your accident.
Economic damages can help cover the cost of any past or future wages, the cost of surgeries, overnights in a hospital, in-home care, rehabilitation, and more. Non-economic damages can help financially compensate you for non-monetary damages, such as pain and suffering, the loss of enjoyment of life, emotional distress, and more.
Statute of Limitations
In most cases, the statute of limitations for premises liability claims in Georgia is two years, which means that you must not wait any longer than two years from the date of your accident to sue the party responsible for your injuries. Waiting longer than two years will most likely permanently bar you from suing.
Contact an Atlanta Slip and Fall Lawyer
The bottom line is that no one should have to fight the uphill battle of recovering the compensation they require to heal after a slip and fall on their own, and our firm is ready to provide you with the strong legal assistance you require. Contact The Jones & Jones Law Group today to schedule your free initial consultation with our firm.