What are the most common causes of airport accidents?
There are various factors that may play a part in an airport accident. The following are the most common causes of airport accidents:
- Defective airport elevators/escalators
- Poor lighting
- Unsafe parking lots and sidewalks
- Spills left unattended
- Unsafe airport restaurant or shop conditions
- Inadequate security
What should I do if I have been injured in an airport accident?
If you have sustained injuries in an airport accident it is important that you take the following steps to protect yourself and to increase your chances of filing a successful claim:
- Notify airport security
- Alert the authorities. The police will document the accident by conducting a police report. They will also bring medical assistance to the scene.
- Seek immediate medical attention once the ambulance arrives.
- After your treatment, be sure to collect all medical documentation.
- Take photos of the scene of your accident, any hazards that played a part in your accident, and your injuries.
- Collect the contact information of any witnesses.
- Retain the services of an experienced personal injury lawyer who will fight for your right to compensation.
Who is responsible for airport accidents?
If airport staff or ownership knew of the unsafe conditions that caused your injuries and failed to fix them, you may have a valid premises liability claim. If your accident was caused by negligent product design or product manufacturing on an elevator or escalator, you may have a valid product liability claim.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury airport accidents claims in Georgia?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Georgia is generally two years. This means that you will have two years to bring attention to your claim after your accident. Failure to file your claim within this period of time may result in you being permanently time-barred from suing. This is why it is important that you retain the services of our knowledgeable personal injury attorney who will walk you through the steps of the claims filing process. The sooner you can bring attention to your claim, the better. Begin this process today by contacting our firm.
CONTACT OUR FIRM
Jones & Jones has helped hundreds of clients throughout the years, handling both injury and criminal matters across the state of Georgia. Whether you need an Atlanta personal injury lawyer or a fierce criminal defense attorney, we are ready to protect your rights and future. Contact The Jones & Jones Law Group today.