Being injured in a parking lot accident may make you eligible for financial compensation in a personal injury claim. To discover if you have a valid claim, continue reading and reach out to our knowledgeable personal injury attorney.
What are the most common causes of parking lot accidents?
There are many factors that may play a role in parking lot accidents, the most common are as follows:
- Standing water
- Inadequate security
- Insufficient parking lot lights
- Failure to remove weather-related hazards
What steps should I take following a parking lot accident?
After being involved in a parking lot accident that led to serious injuries, you must have a plan in place. Take each of the following steps to protect yourself in the moment and to set yourself up for a successful personal injury claim, should you chose to take legal action in the future:
- Call 911. The police will create a safer scene and conduct a police report to document the accident. They will also bring an ambulance to the scene of your accident.
- Seek medical assistance as soon as the ambulance arrives.
- Once you have been treated, collect all medical documentation relating to your injuries. These documents should include the severity of your injuries as well as the date and time they occurred.
- Collect any witnesses’ contact information.
- Take photos of your injuries.
- Take photos of the scene of your accident including any damage to vehicles or property as well as any hazards that may have played a part in your accident.
- Retain the services of a knowledgeable and experienced Georgia personal injury lawyer who will work to recover the compensation you deserve. Your attorney also will obtain further evidence to support your claim such as security camera footage of the accident.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury parking lot accident claims in Georgia?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims is typically two years in Georgia. This means that you will have two years from the date of your accident to bring attention to your personal injury claim by retaining the services of an experienced personal injury attorney. It is important that you take legal action within this period of time to avoid being permanently barred from suing. Contact our firm today to learn how we can assist you and to get started with this process as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the claims filing process, the better.
CONTACT OUR FIRM
Jones & Jones has helped hundreds of clients throughout the years, handling both injury and criminal matters across the state of Georgia. Whether you need an Atlanta personal injury lawyer or a fierce criminal defense attorney, we are ready to protect your rights and future. Contact The Jones & Jones Law Group today.