Grocery store accidents can, unfortunately, lead to severe injuries that can even alter an individual’s quality of life. If you have been injured in a grocery store accident, it is important that you retain the services of an attorney who has experience handling personal injury claims such as this. To learn more about the steps you can take following a grocery store accident that will increase your chances of filing a successful claim, continue reading.
What are the most common causes of grocery store accidents?
There are many factors that may play a part in grocery store accidents. The most common causes of grocery store accidents are as follows:
- Unstable displays
- Spills in aisles or restrooms left unattended
- Loose produce or items falling from shelves
- Defective automatic entrance and exit doors
- Poorly placed or missing floor mats
What steps should I take after being injured in a grocery store accident?
Take the following steps after you have been injured in a grocery store accident to protect yourself and to increase your chances of filing a successful personal injury claim in the future:
- Call 911. The police will bring an ambulance to the scene to treat your injuries. Seek medical treatment as soon as possible. The police will also document the accident by filing a police report.
- Alert the store’s management. They should file a report. Be sure to collect a copy of this report.
- Take photos and videos of the scene of the accident and any hazards that may have played a role.
- Collect any witnesses’ contact information including their name, email address, and phone number.
- Contact an experienced Georgia personal injury attorney.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Georgia?
The statute of limitations refers to the time period you will have to take legal action after being injured in an accident. For grocery store accidents, the statute of limitations is generally two years in Georgia. It is important that you abide by this timeframe to avoid being permanently time-barred from suing. The sooner you can bring attention to your claim, the better. To get started with this process today, do not hesitate to contact our experienced Georgia personal injury attorney as soon as possible. We would be happy to assist you with your upcoming claim. Our legal team is prepared to fight for your right to compensation. Give us a call today to begin.
CONTACT OUR FIRM
Jones & Jones has helped hundreds of clients throughout the years. Our legal team handles injury and criminal matters in Georgia. Whether you need an Atlanta personal injury lawyer or a fierce criminal defense attorney, we are equipped to protect your rights. Contact The Jones & Jones Law Group today.